The Music in Me!

A forum for discussing music of all types. Post links to Youtube videos, or links to articles about artists, etc. This forum is open to SpectroNet Members and the general public.

Moderators: ScottTodd, SpectroNet Members

SheilaH
Assistant Admin

The Music in Me!

Post by SheilaH » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:27 pm

Twenty years ago, a pair of psychologists hooked up a shoe to a computer.
They used MY shoe and it too has zero musical ability!!! Or said talent is hidden in the deepest recesses of my brain yet to be discovered....or NEVER will be is more like it! But I shall continue to enjoy singing in the car and when noone is around! :lol:
Any partygoer can fake a smile, reach for a cheese cube and tap her heel to an unfamiliar song without so much as a thought. Yet when the guy she’s been chatting with tells her that he’s a musician, she might reply: ‘Music? I don’t know anything about that.’
Maybe you’ve heard a variation on this theme: ‘I can’t carry a tune to save my life.’ Or: ‘I don’t have a musical bone in my body.’ But the more psychologists investigate musicality, the more it seems that nearly all of us are musical experts, in quite a startling sense. Much of our knowledge about music is implicit: it only emerges in behaviours that seem effortless, like clapping along to a beat or experiencing chills at the entry of a certain chord.
https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the- ... ket-newtab
Sheila :D
help/faq